Saturday, May 23, 2009

MY FRIEND CHUCK?

So I'm going to be in Dallas the weekend of June 14 speaking at both Highland Oaks' plants. Since I'm in town, I thought it would be good to get with my friend Chuck. He had written me in January, but we haven't seen each other in a bit. The last time I got to visit with him was after church one Sunday when I was in the area.

I like my friend, Chuck. He's a plain sort with a smile that can be seen on radio. We get along all right; we have since our first meeting in the mid-80's. We went to lunch a couple of times when I passed through his city. Both times, when the check came, he begged off on buying with the line, Oh Terry, I left my wallet on my desk. The first time didn't seem odd.

So I notified him this week fully aware he owes me two lunches at this stage of the game and, hey, I'm counting. His secretary wrote back:

Good morning, Terry,

Chuck asked me to send his regrets for lunch or dinner Saturday, June 13; he already has plans with all of his family. He also asked me to let you know he regrets not being able to buy you a snow cone for lunch.

I can only imagine the joy and laughter when you two get together!

Let me know if I can help in any other way.

Have a great day,
Vic


A snow cone. That what my friend Chuck (Swindoll) would have forked over the money for. Ah, we all know better. He would have left his wallet on his desk. I just feel certain he would.

2 comments:

Stoogelover said...

I'd settle for a snow cone for lunch just to sit with Chuck ... or Terry! The last time we had dinner together was at some fish company near Long Beach. You were sitting at the far end of the table with my children on either side of you ... and you had a straw hanging out each of your nostrils, like a walrus! Maybe that's why Chuck is blowing you off ... you can't be trust to behave in public!! -:)

Terry Rush said...

Greg,

I loved being with your kids. I have fond memories of the baseball game and the flute concert.

Love you!