Tuesday, April 28, 2009

UNCOMMON LEADERSHIP

What do guys like Max Lucado, John Maxwell, Rick Warren, Rick Atchley, Dave Ramsey, Marvin Phillips, and Andy Stanley have in common? They are uncommon in their leadership. When you size up the strengths of each of these men one will note a trend to create a dimension of leadership uncharted by others before them.

Guys like me tend to parrot them; but these and others of their caliber don't look for the pattern to follow. They look for the gift of God within and begin to lead. This doesn't mean we can't copy things that work. It does inspire me to want to pray for and reach toward areas of God's work within me that may have not been considered to this date....by anyone in history.

I don't believe 1% of God's talent and ability within man has been struck. Therefore, we are free to dream and imagine what can be. The kingdom, if nothing else, is the purest land of opportunity. Good for you in the good things you are getting done. While you are doing well, I encourage you to weigh what might yet be done for the blessings of man which has yet to be discovered.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you parrot them then I'm parroting you. You are in the same category to me. I want to be like you when I grow up.

Kingdomsaint said...

Don't know much about the convictions of most you mentioned, but if Max Lucado accepts people as "Christians" who have not obeyed the Gospel then he is definitely not one I would like to follow! Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't he pushed the envelope to beyond what has been written?

Terry Rush said...

kingdomsaint,

My point is Max is a good example of leading out of the box. And he is a "good" example. I'm curious as to why you would pick him out of my list. I don't know of a leader working in the kingdom that hasn't pushed to envelope.

Not meaning to be tacky here. Responding to your question. Just saying name me the person who has it on completely right?

Anonymous said...

Also would love to hear your opinion on the fact Warren racanted on his stance on gay marriage. Thanks.

Kingdomsaint said...

Terry, definitely no one is right all the time, but someone can definitely be wrong. There are many issues that are "matters of opinion". Most issues that we differ on are probably matters of opinion - but then there are those "life" or "death" issues, like how does one enter the kingdom of heaven. Those are the ones I'm talking about. That's where I believe Max has toyed - where the Scriptures are clear and warn us about life or death.