Monday, March 23, 2009

I AM THE LUCKIEST MAN I EVER MET

Be encouraged. God is faithful. His blessings flow....for not just a few....but for all who believe Him. I am one who believes Him. Don't you?

My life is like walking in a fairy tale. There's one great difference. It is the kingdom of God instead of a storybook. I walk in a land filled with mystery and wonder which can only be funded by the Living God. No one could make this up. I live Acts 2:43....awed of His production all around. It is beyond......belief.....yet that's exactly what I choose to do....believe it.

When you look at my world from the outside, what do you see? I see it as being the luckiest man I ever met. I shouldn't be in the church, but God found me. I shouldn't get to preach, but God trained me. I shouldn't get to see so many things open in such fascinating ways, but God provides. I shouldn't get to know such a great people, but God has given me many fathers and mother and sisters and brothers on this earth and eternal life.

It is so exciting living in the Productive Lord that I don't have a family tree; I have a family orchard!

But here's what I want you to get from this. I'm simply one of thousands living out His promise to provide when He sights mustard seed faith. That's all I've got; but I've got it. It's just a speck of faith. But I know a secret that President and Kings don't know; He works! That is what every person needs to believe; God works. He hasn't met the dead church He can't resurrect nor the torn heart He can't heal if He can find a people still faithful in their belief system. God works.

I've been in the church now since conversion when I was 22 years old; 39 years. I've been at Memorial over half of my entire life. I'm learning more week by week about myself and about Him in me. Why do you think I write so many blogs...and about encouragement? I can't quit thinking about His heart.

My mind races with gratitude, conviction, and hope that every person would want to be their own luckiest person they ever met. The difference between fairy tale and the kingdom of God is the one we really live in is more outrageous in real wonder than the imaginary toy one!

3 comments:

Monk-in-Training said...

Beautiful testimony. It is as if the Holy Spirit is dancing on your shoulders.

Tammy said...

Amen! Family orchard....love it!!! Monk in Training: I will be using your 'Holy Spirit dancing on your shoulders' Beautiful visual concept!

Christi Bloomer said...

Inspirational post - thanks for sharing!