Sunday, March 22, 2009

GOD RESCUED THE CHURCH FROM SHANE AND ME

We had great church! Wow! Just so moving!

Last Tuesday I gave Shane what I thought would be my sermon topic. I researched and studied for the next three days. By early Friday morning I saw Shane and apologized but told him I did not sense that sermon was living and I was switching to one that I could tell would. He said he had arranged the song service based on my topic and it was the worst job he had done ever. He said it was just flat.

So, we struck out on a new theme and within minutes we knew we had it. God had rescued the church from us!

This morning was a home-run morning. It was full of God-life. Shane and I could tell the church had been rescued from us and we were happier than all! What a great day!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

It was great! I am so glad God moved you in this direction. So much of it was what I needed to hear. I heard so many great comments about how Gods message flowd through the service to the hearts that were there to receive it. It was a home run!!

Danna said...

AMEN!

Love you!!!!