Friday, March 06, 2009

ANOTHER REASON TO LIKE RIGHT NOW

Let me back off a bit and just share some of the lighter stuff in my world...because it is just as wonderful as the heavy loads.

Five year old grandson, Hayden's, response when his mom informed him this week that in heaven he would not have to take naps; "You-have-got-to-be-kidding-me!"

Seven year old grandson, Mason's, response as his dad was combing Mason's hair getting ready for school and asking his dad if he wore cologne everyday. "Yes, I do. Would you like me to put some on you?" "No. No. I have hand sanitizer."

In taking youth minister Bobby and involvement minister Jason with me this week to Owasso to visit General and Bernadine.....they were like little kids taking turns as to which one got to sit alongside me in the front seat this time!

Mary called the office from home and we have a new office phone system with caller ID. So Sherri, the secretary, saw it was my number thinking it was me calling decided she would pop off with a funny. Her greeting was a gruff, WHAT DO YOU WANT? Timid Mary said, Ummm...is this the church office? (Would someone pick Sherri up off of the floor?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is excellent...you once again brought a smile to my face my brother.
I'm looking forward to the workshop and I'm praying for all who are working on, and traveling to it.

Unknown said...

Love it! Those grandkids have a unique way of looking at the world and I love the things they come up with. Bobby and Jason, too. (Is it like working with grandkids?) Poor Sherri, my heart goes out to her!