Sunday, January 11, 2009

A SPECIAL TIME AT HIGHLAND OAKS

I ventured away from Tulsa for the weekend due to Highland Oaks inviting me to preach at both of their campuses this morning. I flew to Dallas yesterday morning and spent a few hours with John and Carolyn Taylor, our dear friends who converted Mary and me in 1970. It is always a big deal to me to visit with them and their awesome kids.

Chris and Liz Moore picked me up at the Taylor's house in the afternoon and became my weekend shuttle team. What a special couple they are to my heart. I love them big time!

I preached at Plano and then Dallas this morning and was fascinated by running into friends I had not seen in years (like John Mullican) and, too, making so many new friends like Christopher and Pam Green. My niece and her family visited the Plano services and it was special to see them.

Rob Pine showed up at the Dallas segment. He is an elder at Saturn Road and God is doing phenomenal things with him and his wife. We converted them as they were our next door neighbors in Quincy, IL.

I really enjoy speaking around the nation. I am inspired at watching so many become so enamoured with the word that God works. It is fascinating, huh? Basically, I tell churches how it ought to be done, give them examples of my failure at it, and then reveal how God worked anyway. The story just keeps going.

Thank you Dallas-ites, Plano-ites, and Highland Oakies! I had a wonderful and memorable time being with you this weekend!

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

I'm glad you had such a great time in Texas, Terry! I was in town though and certainly missed seeing you at Memorial. :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Terry: What a great blessing for those in TX! I am repenting of my jealousy right now, because I have good friends their and I know they were blessed by you. I miss Jon and Dana too. I think it is great that you can see people in ministry that you brought to God and the couple that taught you about Jesus. Always reminds me to never count out anyone you come in contact with. You are great!!!Lynn

Anonymous said...

You are a champion in the Kingdom of God. I really appreciate your message at HO. You threw me a curve ball with your lesson, I thought you were going to use the "collection" as the passage that says that our names are on the palm of His hand. Your lesson had a huge impact on our family. I am on the search team and several ask if you were on our list. GOD BLESS YOU. Also thanks for the positive and challenging blogs. I was telling you the truth when I told you that your blog is my "morning rush " devotional.

Liz Moore said...

Terry, what a blessing it was to get to spend so much time with you and an even added blessing to get to hear you preach...Twice no less!! You are an amazing person and it is so fun to watch God work through you. May God continue to bless you and your ministry at Memorial and beyond. Love you dear friend! See you in March!