Thursday, January 22, 2009

FROM BASEBALL CAMP IN FLORIDA

Day one of baseball camp is over. The good news is I am walking on my own without crutches or life-support.

It was a good day of working into players' lives. Too easy. Counseling and sharing the life of Christ is a natural part of each day.

We had a baseball player's draft today and I believe I was selected 80th. I would have really felt badly to think I was 81st! I didn't get a hit....but I didn't get hit either!

I got to visit with my friend Rick Ankiel. It is always good to visit with him and I see him at every camp as he is working out early.

Our team lost today 3-2. However, we were the last ones picked and to lose that closely is like winning....in a way. Everything is a yes because our team seems destined to make the other teams feel good about themselves!

4 comments:

Stoogelover said...

Yeah, 81st would be a bummer. You can hold your head high.

III said...

"my friend Rick Ankiel" ... how cool

Brian's Bibilcial Minute said...

It would be nice to YouTube you at the plate or on the field in action so we can watch in amazement the STAR of the team!

Way to go on being 80th...good positive outlook!!!!!! You got a dream job!

Tim Perkins said...

Isn't the Ankiel story one of the best?!!