Saturday, November 29, 2008

THE ANATOMY OF FAITH

Ah, I came up with a good title, huh? I doubt I can effectively write about it, but I sure do like the title. Seriously, faith is an outrageous element of the spirit system. It is more potent like Nitroglycerin than calming like Tylenol.

Faith breaks the decent and in order assumption. It is young like right now and old like ancient Abraham. Faith is more than a step in a plan of salvation; it is a leap in the scheme of God-sized moves. Faith causes water to stand at attention while it salutes the dry river bed of the Jordan.

Faith allows common people to participate in uncommon events. It abides by ridiculous whims of God like pushing from the inside to cause the Walls of Jericho to fall outwardly. Faith see as way Jose, when doubt said no way.

Faith is antsy. It must have a mission; a place to show its talent or else it spoils. It is very alive and alert picking up on the most unusual senses that possibility might be more of a reality than one would guess. God sat faith down in the very center of humanity and said, Take a good look folks. This is what I want you to possess.

Faith came in the form of Jesus. He defied all odds, beat all enemies, and freed the captives. I encourage you to live like you have a faith which has not yet been de-clawed by more tame and acceptable circles of influence. I urge you to provide your faith a mission in which it can roam and soar and celebrate. Nothing can shut you down or up if you believe in the resurrected Jesus. Nothing. So awaken all dreamers! Life has just begun....in you...again!

3 comments:

Leon Mission Effort said...

Hey Terry. Got my book. Thanks so much...I look forward to learning more about the Spirit!!! msg

Tim said...

TR - thanks for the powerful reminder of what God intended faith to be! you have a gift, my friend. thanks be to God for giving it to you, and thank you for sharing it with thousands every day!

Liz Moore said...

Terry, I so needed to be reminded of this today. I'm a little behind on my reading but if I would have read this the day you had written it, it would mean the same thing. I needed to see it today. God's timing is always perfect. Thank you my friend.