Sunday, October 26, 2008

WHAT A DAY GOD PROVIDED

We just got home from tonight's Fall Festival; hundreds of kids and hundreds of parents, grandparents, and neighbors! It was so fun! I told Mary I just can't get over how many people there are at our place and that they are simply so spectacular. I mean I just go nuts trying to get to visit all of our amazing people. Everywhere I turn is a celebrity of some sort. I love them dearly.

And, what a day! Craig and I shared our hearts this morning and of course he is simply magic when he speaks. Craig is an awesome speaker but what makes him such is not only his creativity. He really has a heart for God. His humble manner lets us in on the prize of Jesus. We get what he's saying and we like it!

A lady visited our church today that had not been here for maybe twenty-five years. She was once a young mother who rode the joy bus way back when. Today she was at Memorial...with her granddaughter. I remember her so well. It feels good to see some of that effort come back around.

Then, my "community service" teen showed up. I met with him and his mom in my office at 9:30. They needed to know they ran into friends. I wanted them to relax; know that we cared more for them than for accomplishing an assignment. I gave them $20 from a little stash I had set aside for their lunch and one would think they had won the lottery. Tonight Tyler was great at helping out with the children's games at the Fall Festival. He was very polite and I hope that when he is a grandpa he will remember the day he ran into God at the Memorial Drive family.

David Buchanan took some time to encourage us to get on with raising funds for a desperately needed new Lawn Sign. Then he held up a check and said he and Deborah are in. That's good leadership. It was simple. He worded it very well; without belaboring the point. But he set the example and I think his move will be used by God to trigger more acts of generosity.

Finally, I must say that four of us met for an hour at 7:30 this morning to pray over our day. What we sought God about, He surely delivered in grander scale. I don't know how He does this Sunday after Sunday. He is so creative and our leaders are such a match by staying out of the way.

What a day.....God provided!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen Terry. It was a spectacular day. Thank God.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of way back when C of C periodicals were published weekly and gave reports of what God was doing on any given Sundy in various parts of the country. (Probably wasn't worded as the working of God and may have riled against bus ministry but seemingly, God was working then and NOW!