Friday, October 24, 2008

SUNDAY NIGHT....FALL FESTIVAL

I work with an extraordinary staff. I mean it is phenomenal! Meet our crew: Shane Coffman, Jason Thornton, Sherri Storm, Christi Johnson, Bobby Smith, Becky Andrews, Craig Hicks, Heather Thornton, and Lisa Combs. There are two more who I will highlight beginning in the next paragraph, but before I get to them.....what a team we have! What a special crew!

And then there are two more incredible staff members: Linda Scott and Stacey Kendall do an amazing job as they serve full-time as our Children's Ministers receiving part-time pay. We are an extremely blessed congregation to have such talented leaders as these two. I am personally proud of how much God uses them to inspire me by getting to observe their creativity and devotion. They mean a lot to me in my ministry.

Sunday night is our annual Fall Festival. Not only does the whole church join in the excitement as we serve, so many from our community show up for the Trick or Treat doors decorated up and down the halls, lots of candy, great games, and the fun hayrides. Of course the free food doesn't hurt anything!

This event is too wonderful to miss. It fits right into the needs of community children and their parents. They need a safe place for their little Ghosts and Goblins to roam; to celebrate being kids. What better place than the church being one of those community icons where families build fond memories. This wonderful work isn't about giving us something to keep busy. It is about building children. Memorial Drive has so many kids....and when we do something for the community even more kids show up!

Sunday Night----Fall Festival----only two more sleeps!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Father, thank you that love can be shared with children. I trust that in the big picture, such can help prevent strongholds in hearts of future adults, including comedians. I pray that this type of ministry will also encourage families feeling pulled away by ungodly "humor." I continue to pray that Bill Maher will feel the "magnetic pull" of Jesus.