Tuesday, September 09, 2008

IS IT A BIRD? A PLANE? AN ANGEL?

Ah, this is neither a bird or a plane! And for those who wouldn't have strong ties to Superman, they wouldn't catch the questioning anyway. But I do think this to be an angel....an angel that has even stayed in my home on occasion.
Mary and I have ten grandkids. One, little Ana Rush Chapel, already claimed her mini-wings three years ago. We often think about her.
This picture is of sweet granddaughter Karsyn. Before her is her four-candled birthday cake. She is a part of the three-pronged Guad-Squad because she and her two brothers patrol the streets of Guadalajara...from their car seats of course...where Tim and Kim have served for five years.
I'm very proud of Tim and Kim as they live sacrificially without complaint. Both are upbeat. They connect quickly with a wide range of people. They love the Guadalajarians.
This couple could use some additional funds. They are in what may be a typical missionary position of having more funds committed than needed and fewer funds actually coming in than needed. If your congregation would be interested in picking up a part of their support, would you contact us at Memorial Drive? You can email me at trush@memorialdrive.org for more details. Too, you might want to give a one time donation. That would be wonderful.
Be sure to enjoy the todayness of today for grandkids bring great delight. Should you not be old enough to have any yet, then enjoy the fact you are one!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, the apple does not fall too far from the tree! Second: Hooray! Our first grandchild is on the way! Thirdly, the value of the American dollar is certainly changing things for our missionaries. I think all of our missionaries and those interested should check out Mission Resources. Specifically, see a discussion on this by Dr. Dottie Schulz in her Jan. 28 post: http://missionarysmissionary.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

this is not written by me, but I have seen it before and use it now in response to recent post with the quote from the friend of yours, that sounds like a similar message. God Bless, Jim Cooke

Dear God,

I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me.
I cannot know for certain where it will end.
Nor do I really know myself … and the fact that
I think that I am following your will does not mean that I
am actually doing so.
But I believe this: I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you.
I hope I have that desire in everything I do.
I hope I never persist in anything apart from that desire.
And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road,
though I may know nothing about it at the time.
Therefore I will trust you always for though
I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death -
I will not be afraid, because
I know you will never leave me to face my troubles all alone.

Liz Moore said...

What a beautiful angel she is!!

Liz Moore said...

I just talked to Chad Higgins and he told me about January!! I'm so excited! He was supposed to tell you hi for me... so since he forgot... Hello friend!! I look so forward to seeing you!!