Sunday, September 14, 2008

BACK FROM PRAYER SEMINAR

I'm back!

I've been to the Prayer Seminar in Calhoun, Louisiana Friday and Saturday and then preached at Dusty's church in Conway this morning. I enjoyed all of it...but Hurricane Ike's swats kept us tip-toeing through our travels.

The seminar was so good. Keith Roberts and Crew put together such a meaningful line-up of speakers to inspire those interested in continual prayer growth. I got to meet Gene and Marsha Adams. While we had never met, I had prayed with them several times by phone while Gene has been battling cancer. He made it to the seminar!

And then, I got to speak in Conway this morning. Power had been knocked out during the night due to the storm, but was recovered by the 10:30 service. The 8:00 a.m. gathering as well as the 9:30 classes had to be cancelled. But I had a terrific time with the University Church in Conway.

Plus, I got to be Grandpa to four pretty special kids! I keep teaching them great new ideas which I feel certain thrill their mom and dad! Friday morning I got to drive Emma (11) to school. As she was getting out of the car, I rolled the windows down, turned up the radio on a Rap station, and let the car rock with noise! Emma was so embarrassed....so she said. When she got out of the car, I drove out the drive----windows down, speakers up, and car a-rocking! Awesome!

Glad to be back!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your messages so much ... but seeing you and Dusty face to face was good to my heart.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your message Sunday morning. I wish the sound system had been up and running so we could've made a recording. Maybe you could visit again soon. It's always a treat to hear you speak.

Oh yeah, keep the windows down and the music blasting!

Anonymous said...

It was wonderful to have you at Calhoun. Your sessions were sooo good, and just what we needed to hear!! It was great to see you again, and get to "stand beside you". =o) You're a very special person. Keep on with the wonderful work you do, and may God bless!

Was also happy to meet your son, Dusty, and glad you were able to enjoy some wonderful "grandpa time". --- the "Twin"

Stoogelover said...

The loud rap radio ... sounds so much like the guy who sat at a nice restaurant in Long Beach, CA one time with two straws protruding from his nostrils!

Brenda said...

Glad you're back! I missed you!

Anonymous said...

Mignon and I thoroughly enjoyed your messages, and of course it was great to see Dusty.

I have a life-size picture of you and the rap machine just a-cookin'.

Keith Roberts said...

As usual, you hit home runs each time you spoke. You mentored us and led us closer to Him.

I'm always a better man for God after I'm around you a while.

The Calhoun Church loves you dearly and will see you in Tulsa next March (if not sooner).

Keith

Anonymous said...

Terry,

I am so happy to be useless! Amen?

Zeke loved Mary. He couldn't believe that Dusty really had a mom. When we first started attending UCC, two years ago, Zeke was convinced that Dusty lived at the church. So every night he would pray that GOD would give Dusty a house. When we joined their house church Zeke said, "OH GOOD! GOD gave Dusty a house!"

Love to you and Mary,
Amanda Sanders