Tuesday, June 10, 2008

REACHING IN MANY DIRECTIONS

I've been asking God lately to open doors which one would never guess could happen. I love to watch Him work in ways we could never imagine.

This morning I ran into a friend who attends a Methodist church. She expressed her delight in working as a member of this 1000 member congregation. An idea hit me as we talked. I shared with her that Methodists are searching biblical baptism and I had done a sermon three weeks earlier explaining why we are to be buried into Jesus' death.

She said she surely did know of such renewed interest in the topic as in the recent remodel of their sanctuary they have installed a baptistery, but (she went on to explain) the church basically doesn't know what to do with it. I asked if she would look a the DVD I did a couple of weeks ago and consider showing it at her church or letting me come teach a series on it. She was ecstatic and I think it could become something special. It's in the mail.

Two hours later a woman called from Louisiana; a member of another Methodist church. She wanted to talk about how our recent DVD of 100% Natural Evangelism is thrilling their congregation. She rehearsed how Christ-like it was and how the contagion is spreading at her church.

I am just sowing seed. Here and there it sprouts. I'm not wishing to make these or any others Churches of Christ. I want to stay out of the way and let Him build His church as He desires. I simply want to be a part of leading people closer to the Christ and this may be one way I can do it. Churches are adjusting and improving everywhere. The denominational walls are falling....including our own. The Word of God is arising. May we, together, increase in becoming more like Him.

If this helps you to weigh possibilities where you live, work, or worship.....awesome! Keep praying!

2 comments:

Stoogelover said...

I am not surprised! This is great, Terry.

Josh Graves said...

Terry,

Great post. Glad to be on the journey with you.

JG