Saturday, May 03, 2008

PEPPERDINE. PHENOMENAL.

The Pepperdine Lectures are getting better and better! I've just returned from a week in Malibu that I don't know how to explain. It was way maaavelous!

Pepperdine's campus is God's tease about Heaven. It's breathtaking to walk the ridge above the baseball field while noting the mountain range behind, smelling the fragrant flower and bushes, and then casting an eye upon the Pacific ocean. The setting is too much for one mind to absorb in a week's time.

The fellowship is heavenly. To see Sheri Trupp and then find Larry and Sheila Wishard along with their friends, Ken and Reniece, the glory of God began to swell as to the meaningfulness of Christian family. I love to just stand beside Mike and Ann Spence! I stayed in the Sigma dorm with the Hallal singers. I love them so much I tell friends that my maiden name was Hallal. Ken, Marca, Cole, and Kelsey (and their entire group) are embedded deeply into my heart. Jerry Rushford put together a thorough line-up of Spirit-popping keynotes. Because of my role at the Tulsa workshop, I enjoy sitting back and observing Jerry's combination of joy, concentration, pressure, and love for the event. He's an artist at work.

I enjoyed sitting in on Tim Spivey's class each morning. That guy is a winner! Don McLaughlin and Randy Harris and Rick Atchley were on target, on target, on target. When Don spoke at Memorial on Wednesday night of the workshop, I thought that was the best I had heard from him. Pepperdine was better! But the one teacher that blew me away was a class by Liz Pence. I bought one DVD.....hers. I didn't even get my own (which are free to the presenter). I was wowed by her ability to teach. I have many heroes. Some have already been mentioned above. I have a new one: Liz Pence.

Congratulations to all those who worked on the scene and behind. Your Pepperdine was an experience that fulfilled its mission.

9 comments:

cwinwc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stoogelover said...

This is the first time since 1988 that I missed the Pepperdine lectureship. I would have enjoyed seeing you.

Anonymous said...

(DR??) Rush,
loved it too, it was a blessing to have me in your class.
belly

drjimwhite said...

I missed Pepperdine this year. My son's graduation from high school prevented it. I believe it's the last one of our Christian school lectureships that's really on the cutting edge and successful and on target. That's why it's so important to keep up Tulsa! With Tulsa and Pepperdine, they're the last two phenomenal ones left. I'm glad you were able to relax and enjoy the scenery, er, the lectureships.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that Donny Mac hit one out of the park. I had to pinch hit for him back home in his 5th grade Wednesday night class. I am sure he does a better job with them than I do but I can keep them contained in the classroom for an hour.

Anonymous said...

congrats on your award from Pepperdine....you brought down the house with your sense of humor.
Tulsa and Pepperdine were both awesome this year!

Danny said...

Great running into you at the lectures! What a blessing you are to our brotherhood and baseball fields! :)

Anonymous said...

Terry,

Tamie and I thoroughly enjoyed the plane ride from L.A. to Phoenix, and not just because you risked your life to save us seats (ha). Seriously, the connecting flight to OKC was much less exciting without "The Preach" to entertain us. Glad you had such a wonderful and refreshing experience at Pepperdine!

Bobby

David U said...

Didn't see you there, but talked to several who were blessed by your classes!

Love you bro!
DU