Monday, December 31, 2007

NEW YEAR'S AND THE FLUFFY BATTLE

Being New Year’s Eve and knowing the pledging of our resolutions is pending, maybe this will encourage those of us who---well---feel too fluffy. I’m too fluffy around the neck, stomach, and hips. But I must say my elbows and ankles have suffered little weight gain and appear fairly trim.

I am currently reading Dr. Oz and Dr. Roizen’s fabulous book, YOU Staying Young. While these guys are M.Ds., they have a great knack of communicating in simplicity. This morning I read about our stomach’s serving as our second brains.

I like this about the book: (1) as simple as I am, I understand their lingo, (2) they point out the obvious adjustments which need to be made, (3) but they point out new discoveries to get there. I have been reading this book every day when I…..when I….go to breakfast! Yes, I am a mess. The book verifies it. However, I had less breakfast today….that’s the good news. There’s additional good news: coffee and dark chocolate are good for us.

If you are fatigued over the Fluffy Battle, I think you’ll GAIN a lot from reading this. Oh, that four letter word stings slightly, huh? However, what you’ll gain is worth keeping.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tactful----Happy New Year!

Stoogelover said...

Are you suggesting that a half dozen donuts (at least three w/ chocolate) and a Dr. Pepper is NOT a good way to start the day?