Monday, December 24, 2007

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO THE BLOG JUNKIES

It's Christmas Eve at the time of this writing....really well past my bedtime....but it's Christmas Eve for cryin' out loud. I wasn't going to write an article for Christmas Day and then I thought, "Wait a minute! What if some dear one checks this blog and I didn't go to the trouble to at least acknowledge them?" So....here it is.

Merry Christmas! I began shopping for Christmas October 1 and run up to the very last minute December 24th. I don't want to get done Christmas shopping. I love it. It made me feel good tonight when at Penneys at 5:45 and they announced, "Shoppers, the store will be closing in fifteen minutes." Hurray for me....I endured to the very end! I didn't waste a drop of shopping opportunity. Earlier in the afternoon Tim and I covered seven stores...which weren't in malls. How fun.

Some day I'll be stuck in a stinky nursing home where everybody smells like yesterdays socks. I'll so yearn to get out and do something. So now I do and I love doing it.

I hope you enjoy your big day. I hope you enjoy the fuss and the bother and the fatigue and the mess. It's a treasurable moment to be so deeply involved in relatives and friends. What a time as Christmas. It goes on 52 weeks a year but really gains momentum October 1.

Merry Christmas to my friends. I love you today! If you stopped by, leave me a little note to share your fun day!

9 comments:

Brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JD said...

Merry Christmas Terry! Your family has been such a blessing to mine! I hope your day is filled with such joy ... and peace.

Brenda said...

Merry Christmas Terry. As I sit here and finish up a very long day and night at work, I am excited to see you chimed in to say hello to your faithful readers. I didn't make it to the store today, but sent Chad at 5:30 right before they closed to get some last minute groceries from Reasors. The scene he described was hilarious! It's important to remember to laugh during the hoidays. There is so much to laugh, and be happy about. I hope that in my work today I blessed someone with my laughter, smile, or humor. It certainly made my day go much faster!!!
Hope you and your family have a blessed Christams day. Love you today!!!

drjimwhite said...

Have a great Christmas, Terry! Thanks for your servant heart. Jim

Lee Keele said...

Know what I'm doing today? Nothing. That's my kind of vacation!

:-)

Lee

Stoogelover said...

If only nursing homes smelled as nice as dirty socks! You gave me a whole new perspective on last minute shopping! Merry Christmas to you and your family. You are much loved by the England clan ... what's left of us.

Danna said...

Merry Christmas, my friend! I am very thankful today for the gift of your friendship! And boy, do you make Christmas time extra fun!

Love you today!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas...nice to know we have an official name...blog junkies!

Hope it was wonderful for you and yours!

Shane Coffman said...

Merry Christmas, my happy shopping friend!