Tuesday, October 02, 2007

THERE IS GOOD NEWS!

The Gospel of Jesus is good news! The irony is its ancientness is so starkly modern. It's good because in it is revealed the right way to get right life moving in the right direction. It's news because it isn't common knowledge. Most Americans don't know about this good news. Frankly, I doubt I do.....and friend....such a statement makes the good news even better good news.

My doubts are not about Him; they are about me. As much as I love the nature of God and relish in the riches He presents, I feel I must surely be blind to the height and the depth; the entire range of God. I don't think I get the term salvation. I don't think I relate to His security. Forgiveness 70 x 7 doesn't chart. Three violations and either I am sunk or they are sunk; whoever the offender is. I don't think I get the cross. Of course I have words for it and thoughts deeply implanted in my spirit. But, I don't think I get it.

Being ignorant of the explanation and analysis of God's handiwork does nothing but escalate the beautiful essence of Truth. If He can work beyond my imagination then I must necessarily be thinking deficiently in every spiritual zone. This is not a slam against me as if I'm lazy or indifferent. It's a glorious credit to the undiscoverable and inexpressible nature of our Living Lord.

Only the foolish-minded can begin to see the DayLight of God. Compared to God, all are foolish-minded, but some are slower in such admission. The good news is we just can't imagine how good the news is!!!! Who can fathom being born into and adopted into a family and yet we are both. We must really be IN THE FAMILY OF GOD to have entered twice.

I cheer you on. Evaluate the miracles of Jesus. Watch him move through the streets and then the hillside. Note his studying eyes. Be impressed at his gravitated body; yet his levitated spirit...always able to receive his truth from the clouds (so to speak) while he is committed to earth walk. Jesus does this kind of defiant life for you and me. We are rewarded day in and day out by the good news of Jesus to the extent we basically know nothing about it....except how to spell it.

The good news of Jesus is too good to be true. Our voices and our prayers and our greetings and our dealings should reflect one thing all day long: our simple Wow!

No comments: