Thursday, October 04, 2007

CATALYST....GOOD EVENT

I've completed half of the Catalyst Seminar for 2007. To see 11,000 Christians gather in one place to contemplate world outreach is still too thrilling to my heart. Erwin McManus is due up tomorrow so I have to wait to hear my favorite. Yet, I heard and saw wonderful things.

Catalyst brings in many of the top-dogs, so to speak, and it's the only time of my year that I get to hear them. Andy Stanley was his usual on target with the Word as he effectively connected it to us....or us to it. A young woman, once a Wall Street mogul, discussed her leaving everything to move from NYC to Texas to work with prisoners helping them rehab with marvelous success stories.

Francis Chaing hit my heart so strongly. He is the only man I've heard address the feeling of sheer weakness while being convinced God is actually speaking through us. The trip was worth it to me to simply hear that someone understands how I feel. I'm assuming many feel as I do; you know, the "Go Moses", "No, I can't" discussion. But, this guy put my feelings in his words and it was such an encouragement.

Overall, I am convinced we are all simply on the hem of believing even greater things to come. I love what God has done; but the is doing and the will do carry intense hope. And....I've even made some new friends along he way. Life is still good and the kingdom is still fun!

1 comment:

craig said...

For me there seem to be stages of vision in ministry. 1) Everything is so cloudy and so difficult, you just want to run. 2) You hear a voice of hope or see a glimmer of possibility and cling to it. 3) God gives you a totally open door (or more than 1) to let you see "the next step". 4) The embracing of the opportunity and ensuring harsh reality of new murkiness.

But with each cycle, God has drawn us closer to his heart. We've found new reasons for hope. We are more profoundly passionate about experiencing his kingdom. These are all gifts poured into our life. And He grows in greater and deeper affection within our hearts. We become more willing to be poured out.