Monday, March 12, 2007

"THE SECRET"

Readership is abuzz regarding the new book and its correlating video, The Secret. I really like it. Of course, just like some tenets of today's Christianity, there are those parts which fail to resonate with my preferences. Yet, the book leads us to available power for all to grasp.

The Secret contains similar jargon as what I first began to hear back in the late 70's when Paul Harvey, Zig Ziglar, Norman Vincent Peale and others traipsed the country speaking at the popular Positive Thinking Rallies. Yet, this book has a slight but significant twist. While it surely includes positive thinking, it really calls one to the next level which is creative thinking.

I've always heard we use only about 2% of our brain (The Secret says 5%). This study has awakened me to wonder what is it God intended of the other 98%? Surely it must have been for something useful. I feel certain that creative thinking fits into a significant portion of the unused per centage.

God is creative through the channel of speaking. We are created in His (Their) image. I look forward to growing in the realm of creative thinking.

1 comment:

Stoogelover said...

Okay, Terry, I'm reading this about 14 hours after you posted it and not one response. So I'm responding so you'll have at least one!

I've not heard of the "Secret" book or video but you have my creative interest.