Thursday, February 08, 2007

MEET REVEREND STAFF

What's it like where you work? Crummy? Too-good-to-be-true? Spiteful? Slip-shod? Indifferent? Successful? Well-organized?

I love where I work. Besides liking preaching and ministry, I mean I like "where" I work....my office part of life. I am the office manager! In my little preaching school of 11 classmates, none of us ever had a thought of being at a church big enough for "a staff". Upon graduatin we each had one basic goal: try to last two years. But now....I am office manager!

It took me awhile to get the hang of it. Due to the elders' patience and the staff's endurance, I feel really good about being "BOSS". I've changed my approach to this privileged work drastically over the years. For awhile I was the youngest guy on staff so I wasn't manager yet. After being here several years I became old enough to be everyone's dad.

Here's my goal for my people who are my crew, my friends:
  • I want them to think they have the best working place in the world...really!
  • I want them to be sure I believe in them more than I do myself!
  • I want them to notice me catching them doing good, smart, faithful things!
  • I want them to hear my praise "all the time"!
  • I want them to know I revere them! Yes, I work with reverend staff!

Whether you are the BOSS or the BOSSed, do the things which would make your colleagues believe they work around the best person in the world....because they do. His name is Jesus and He is residing within each of us. Hello.....Reverend Staff!

4 comments:

Stoogelover said...

I've never cared to be office manager and turned it down when asked. But if I were to take the role, I'd want to spend some time with you so I could do it right!

Brenda said...

Wow! Could you come talk to our staff??? ;o)
I don't really care to ever be "boss" or "office manager" near as much as I desire to be part of a team that is all leading together. I have a take charge personality but like myself more when I can just relax and be on the same level as everyone else.
We just recently had a meeting on "How to improve your work environment" and I really liked the questions we were asked. My favorite one was "Do you have a best friend at work?" And I do!
Are there others that don't like our environment? Absolutely!! And I try to show them each week just how happy you can be while at work. On Sunday's....we call it "Church at Work" and we really try keep that focus. But not just on Sunday's...but everyday.
What I like about you is how infectous your happiness is! When I'm around you...I am a happier person and you make me feel better about me and make me feel important. Your happiness radiates off you so that others lives may be touched. I hope someday I can reach to that level...and beyond. Love you brother!

Anonymous said...

Terry,
Great environment Jesus is creating there. I remember being a part of your orginal 11.

You da man!
Larry Wishard

Anonymous said...

This is one of those things I wish I had learned a long time ago. It's so good. You're awesome! Love you!