- Not everyone should think the way I think regardless of how strongly I believe they should.
- Those who believe the strongest we are the only ones saved are often the very ones who fear most they are lost.
- I preached too many sermons on church growth when I should have been preaching on The Church Grower.
- I've learned to like to pray.
- God will remain in the shadows of mystery and I need to learn to live there without explanation and response for every question coming my way.
- I am not tired of ministry but am growing in curiosity. What has God in store that no one has yet seen Him do for mankind?
- The Holy Spirit loves to work directly in our lives; yet He remains humble enough that mere man can quench him if we so desire.
- Everyone is deeply guilty of sin; not just the rare few of us I had assumed.
- People possess a deep strength within that only God will reveal when we are in pivotal crisis.
- God will bless when we will risk.
- The more we accept the unacceptables of society the more the heart of Jesus seems to reign among us.
- I've learned the sermon isn't the main part of church; it turns out God is.
- The more we stay out of His way the more we see His way becomes ours.
- While I spent so much time trying to escape weaknesses I discovered they are His secret to my strength....II Cor. 12:9.
- God will make a way....when there seems to be no way.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
WEDNESDAY IS MY 32ND ANNIVERSARY AT MEMORIAL DRIVE
It's been an interesting and exciting experience to be around this congregation this long. Here are a few of the things I've learned along the way: