Friday, June 26, 2009

WHERE DO I GET MY MATERIAL?


Anonymous wrote a very nice comment to my last post which included, Over the last 2 years I've read your blog regularly. There have been days when I couldn't take it, because you were so upbeat and positive and that seemed so far away.

Occasionally such a statement comes by me in phone or email conversations where some feel frustrated over my outlook. That's an odd thing to receive; yet the words, There have been days when I couldn't take it, are troubling to me. They resonate with the other comments I referenced. I'm not offended; but rather am sympathetic. I get it.

I do know that upbeat and positive seems so far away for each of us on any given day. This is my motive for writing the way I do hoping to heal your wounds. Suffering is rampant. We each chip in to contribute in some way to the healing process.

To Anonymous and others, I understand what you mean. So, is it all right to encourage you that I have very discouraging days? Why would you think I harp on encouragement? I need it. I get very down. I am today. Yet, the news being reported and the trauma being experienced is so awful for so many, I want to fill your day with some level of faith and good outlook.

Every morning I sit at this computer (sometimes at evening) and think about the anonymouses out there who need one person to tell them they are all right. The reason for so many articles day after day is because the pained and frustrated good people are on my mind...always. Just as the Anonymous who wrote of his devastation.....ah, that rips my heart that he would suffer. We need each other. We must have the faith support of one another.

This world is filled with crummy people. Sometimes...we are them. The thing I love about Jesus is he gave enormous latitude to every kind of person (except the critic). Why did he show such grace? People are stuck without it. Jesus adores people. We are people.

Therefore, as you read my words know they are intended to be thoughts God has given me to boost you. All the while be sure I am a floundering and fumbling mess. I get afraid, perplexed, foolish, and embarrassingly weak. That's precisely where I get my material! Me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There have been many, many days I've been uplifted by your blog as well! Do you think "down-ness" is something that mankind has always been afflicted with? Some days I feel it much more than others.

Jay

Vasca said...

To Anonymous...'downness strikes sometimes like lightning and other times it's like a creeping thing that permeates your body and refuses to leave. I let myself get 'way down' this morning and was sad, too. I happened to look up and realized our morning glories were open and so beautiful...I tho't, "Being down almost made me miss such beautiful things God provides to cheer me up...mankind is afflicted w/a number of things and downness must be one...with His help we can beat it...as for me? I'm like Terry...hope that's okay and I think it is! Happiness is good for what ails me!