Friday, June 26, 2009

WHAT CAN WE DO TO HELP?

Mankind isn't fair to one another because, as much as it is needed, it cannot love perfectly. Everywhere we go....we are there....and mess nearly everything up.

Here's possibly a bit of advice which helps alleviate our stress. Performance in the church should take the backseat to the Person. Empty people try to fill their lives with religious activities which develops even more hollowness. The Person, Jesus, is the right direction.

What do we mean, "The Person"? When we try to mimic him we begin to see with his eyes and walk in his sandals. Life, thus, begins to unfold as petals of a bloom.

This morning I was in one of my six favorite coffee shops. I could not help but notice a grandmother sitting with her two young grandsons a couple of tables over. It appeared they did not have much. I had never met them, but could not keep from noticing/studying them.

When I was finished, I went over to the table and said to the lady, Are you the older sister to these good looking boys? Oh, she thought that was funny. I reached for their ticket on the table and said, I really think it would be a good idea if I bought your breakfast. Don't you?

This lady burst into expressions of deep gratitude; I don't mean just a little bit. I could tell God had made a move that really mattered.

I want to encourage you to do what you can to see like the Person sees, talk like the Person talks, and go where the Person would go. We don't always succeed....but then that's why the Person carries us through, huh?

No comments: