If you want to read a true story of God working in the lives of two extremes, run to get this book. If you want to be motivated that God is deeply involved in our work more than we can imagine.....run to the store. Hall was a rich man and Moore homeless. God spoke to both through both. I've never encountered anything so easy to read; yet maintain its rivetability.
Things I gained from the book:
- Why homeless don't want to talk and don't trust the kind gestures of the homed.
- The vision of forgiveness.
- Prayer is a major player.
- The invisible world is actually active and God is in it.
- People--on both sides--can and need to change.
- God absolutely communicates with His people today.
I would laugh aloud as Hall and Moore surprised me with simplest reports of their encounters with one another and with God. And, I cried so hard for an hour this morning as I wrapped up the book.
When would I recommend you get this book? I would get it now. Run!