Sunday, August 10, 2008

IT'S ALL ABOUT HIM

Life is so much easier in the church when we keep in mind it's all about Jesus and not all about us. I enjoy the teamwork we sense when we are rooting for each other to come through well. In the old days each assembly was full of fears with someone(s) wondering who didn't like which part of the morning or evening. Now? We simply get together to see what He might be doing among us again on this day. We are relaxed in Him because of Him.

Today was wonderful. It was full of human error and divine glory. I couldn't get the announcements to come out in sentence order, so we laughed. Our communion guy didn't know how to get said what he wanted to say best, so we remembered Jesus quite well. The invitation song was filled with confusion as there were so many responses we could not tell who was requesting prayer and who was sitting beside the responders in loving support. What glorious chaos!

When all was said and done, we loved our time together. How can such work? It's about Him, not us. We had another very good day!

3 comments:

Mike Morton said...

Very well said, Terry. We were doing a sermon series at Quail and Mark Henderson had little 3x3 slips of paper which said, "It's Not about Me" written on it. It was a great little statement during a point in my life, that I taped it to my computer monitor at school. Now I've got it posted on my computer monitor at home too. It's a message that we tend to forget all too often. Thank you for sharing. Tell that worship minister guy (;-) that maybe he needs to help out more with announcements and then that'll be less responsibility for ya'. HA HA

Brenda said...

Today was just something else!!! But we made it through!!! I like the days when we ARE confused and we have to totally rely on Him. The title of this blog makes me laugh. On a trip with some really cool people (praise team) I purchased a shirt that says "It's all about me". It was funny at the time, but I don't wear it. I have a difficult time displaying that type of message when I am fully aware that it's not about me at all. Now...I have a cute desk plaque that says the same thing too, that was given to me by one of your favorite people (AC). It's a constant reminder to me of how very "little" in life is about me and how "much" of it is about Him. I often want to alter that shirt of mine to say "It's all about Him" so I can display the correct message that so many others need to hear.
Today has been such a blessing!
Love you! (even if you tried to knock me over after church) ;o)

Shane Coffman said...

You forgot about the part where the praise team train wrecked trying to start a song during communion...and didn't even get it right the second time!

Once again, His strength is perfected in our weakness.