- BACK TO SCHOOL BLAST This Saturday afternoon we will throw a party for our adopted Lindbergh Elementary. We have booths, ponies, hair cuts, clothes give-aways, and lots of food. It is a hoot and it's all, by the school's request, sponsored by us and at our building.
- ERIC BRUNSON AND BURFORD SUNDAY Eric is a hit, along with his puppet, with the children's classes at the workshop. On Sunday, September 7th, Eric and Burford will lead a Teacher Training Program for teachers of children's classes and then the two of them will preach the next hour. We think the area school kids will love visiting us that day!
- STEVE DIGGS' "NO DEBT, NO SWEAT" FINANCIAL SEMINAR. We anticipate providing a great tool of assistance to those of our congregation and in the community October 19 and 20. Many who have been to the first three events will hear about this most special opportunity to learn how to manage finances. Steve Diggs is an exuberant expert in this field. This will be a wow weekend.
- ANNUAL FALL FESTIVAL This is always held the last Sunday afternoon in October. All the kids (including the big kids) dress up in costumes and enjoy a great time of going from door to classroom door for treats and playing on the Jupiter Jumps....AND taking rides on the hayride is very exciting indeed. Area families pour in for this great event. Linda and Brad Scott put on a fabulous event and the church works like an ant farm to pull it off!
- MARRIAGE AND RELATIONSHIP SEMINAR Rudy and Sandra Wyatt will lead a group of marrieds as well as singles in a Friday night Saturday morning (November 7 and 8) communications extravaganza. We are hopeful that some of those who have been visiting with us in previous events will capitalize on this community opportunity.
- BAPTISM SUNDAY We have baptisms on any given Sunday throughout the year. But for about five or six years we have randomly announced such a Sunday is coming and every time there are several who begin to think about it as we simply give them a goal. We will begin promoting this special day in early October. Aaron Henley will teach a class for three weeks culminating on Baptism Sunday, November 9th.
This is our plan. It is not the only thing we have going, but each of these is aligned on purpose to provide us opportunity to say to the community we are here with you in mind. Memorial Drive is "A Place to Start Life Over" and we expect many will do just that by the time we have allowed God to move among us.