Monday, July 07, 2008

July 8 HAPPY BIRTHDAY WENDY-THE-POOH

I think I do a good job of keeping my family secure as we've lived in the glass house. While we are public in many aspects, we have done well to enjoy the privacy of being parents and children in both celebrations and sufferings. However, today I write of one of life's greatest blessings: Daddy's Girl.

My girl is Wendy Michelle. It's her birthday. All dad's believe theirs to be the best girl; but I must admit all other dad's have been sorely mistaken. Wendy raises the bar for daughterhood. I've noted her humility when she was victorious and her determined faithfulness when she suffered heartbreak.

Her first fiance was abruptly removed from life. Wendy watched patiently as God brought her even a neater man. All three of her children barely survived premature births. One didn't make it. I've witnessed her pain which repeatedly experienced horrendous intrusion only to visibly see God rush to her rescue.

Wendy Michelle Rush Chapel is pretty and pretty smart and pretty amazing. A lot of men wish they could be her dad; but only one gets to make such claim. I am proud indeed of such an accomplished woman. She has may salute, my admiration, and my love.

Wendy-the-Pooh, you were the most beautiful baby in the whole hospital ward. Everyone stood at the window to look at their baby and to direct attention to your crib as well. I am the one who took you home. I think you have done well to have kept what seemed to be your destiny: becoming the best girl!

Happy Birthday! Love you!
Dad

2 comments:

Norsemanrm said...

While I fall into that category of all fathers who KNOW their daughter is best of all I must agree with you on everything else.
Your Wendy is incredible and one of our favorite people in the whole world.
She has no idea how many lives she has touched and how many people look for her as an inspiration.
She is one in a million and we love her right along with you.
Happy B-day sweet Wendy.

Anonymous said...

Norsemanrm said it eloquently, and he and I are in complete agreement that our daughters are the best.

But go and meet my Sarah at www.sarahstirman.blogspot.com and you'll see for yourselves that she's at least the best daughter in Texas!

Happy Birthday, Wendy.