Tuesday, March 20, 2007

YOU'RE FULL OF IT

How many times have we had that said to us. Usually on the heels of an outlandish statement someone(s) feel the need to respond with this balancing phrase. The fun thing about the kingdom life is we are.....full of Him; ....and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to the fullness of God. Anticipatorily, we are to be filled to the brim.....WITH HIM!!!!

What does is mean to be full of God? I haven't the foggiest. However, I'll take a stab at it.

Could this passage mean we are filled with His characteristics with the assumption such filling is to flow from us? Could it mean, due to Romans 4:17, that we can have the vision and power to create something out of nothing and give life to dead circumstances? I think so. We carry God- power within us for practical living which will clearly be an outlandishly new order of normal.

Such lets the next sentence in Ephesians 3:21 explode with wow-ism; Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us....
  • Exceeding. Abundantly. Beyond. Each a God-term superior to our old norm.
  • According to the power......the Above power; not the below power.
  • That works within us.....Power? His. Location? Us. Meaning? Partners on His turf!

Rick Atchley had to cancel his speaking assignments at this week's workshop due to the death of his mother. I made effort to replace him. It didn't pan out. The elders asked me yesterday of my intent regarding Rick's vacant spots on the program. I told them I was leaving it blank unless and until God filled it. Last night I received an email from Mike O'Neal, president of OC, about an urgent need to address the breaking wonderful news of Rwanda. I am now in the process of making arrangements.

Me? Clueless. And? Full of marvel at the power of God who provides the right stuff at the right time for the right people. We get to see the oddest and strangest things develop because, church, we who lead by the Spirit are truly full of it (Him).

Live like He means it!

6 comments:

Shawn said...

T Rush - I love it! thank you for showing a wonderful example of waiting on God. I know that, given the circumstances, that you had to have tempted to run ahead of God. His blessings and promises are proven to be true every day. I love you, brother - Shawn

Brenda said...

Terry~ Your faith is extremely encouraging. Something that you could have tried to totally control on your own and probably would have done very well at....you allowed God to work and a message will be brought for hundreds to hear. I am blessed by your strength and courage to wait and listen to God's calling. Your example is inspiring! Love you...everyday!

Anonymous said...

I have butterflies about the workshop ... anticipating God's presence and work ... and it won't be long!

Stoogelover said...

You (actually, God through you) are a deep well energy, enthusiasm, and encouragement. One of the first blogs I read each day is Cardinalmuseum.

David U said...

Mike will do a FANTASTIC job! His passion for the work in Rwanda is amazing. Like you, I have to believe this is a God thing. Thanks for your example of faith!

DU

Drew Battistelli said...

That's awesome, thanks for sharing what God's doing. We don't hear about it enough.