Sunday, April 24, 2016

CHURCH "CLOSED" TODAY...OR....MAYBE NOT...BUT SORTA

Church at Memorial Drive is closed....this morning....as far as meeting at this location is concerned.  No, we haven't gone out of business.  It's the reverse really.  We are leaving the building for the day to go to North Tulsa to be with the fabulous people of Monroe Demonstration Academy.  We are taking church to them while, simultaneously, they will share church with us.  And, I love the idea!

First, I just love getting to be with our church family.  I never tire of the abundant joy, the thorough encouragement, and the drive for mission.  Today we will practice all three out there in the streets  rather than in here in the pews.

I applaud Jason Thornton and his tireless crew for setting the day's table for what will be one terrific event.  The church will leave the building in order to go out and be the church by cheering on a segment of our community which could use a boost.  For me, this is an Abraham-like day for I am going out there not knowing where I'm going, what I'm to be doing, nor how any of this will look.

So, yes, while our usual pattern of gathering at our place will be closed it is only because the church is open...open to visiting so many families rather than expecting them to come visit us!  God has many ways, many styles, and such varying concepts for all believers.  I can't wait to experience the right now of what this morning will bring!!

MONROE DEMONSTRATION ACADEMY...GET READY!!  HERE WE COME!!
MEMORIAL DRIVE CHURCH OF CHRIST...GET READY!! THEY WILL BLESS US!!




No comments: