Tuesday, December 01, 2015

WHEN YOU KNOW YOU SHOULD PRAY BUT WOULD RATHER NOT

Prayer has to be one of the strangest of all human activities.  I found such a time to be spelled two ways; b-o-r-i-n-g and w-a-s-t-e-o-f-t-i-m-e.  Even as a minister I didn't like to pray, didn't want to pray....didn't pray.

Now I do...a lot.

What changed?

When I discovered that God wanted a relationship with me, as in Father/son, it changed my perception of the process.  I shifted from placing my grocery-store order of wants and wishes to a connection where we would discuss mainly two things; praise to Him for His wonder and needs for others who were in binds.

This change has altered my world significantly.

Praying isn't a signal of being religious.  It is a testimony that we believe that God is still currently very active with His creation and the created.  Our praying signals to Him our dependence upon His skills for ours will be proven over time as just too meager.

We have a big world calling us to live larger than life.  We can do it...but not on our own.  God take us into fascination by a Talent far beyond our imagination!


No comments: