Thursday, August 22, 2013

ONE OF MY HARDEST LESSONS THAT I AM STILL LEARNING

We are a funny and weird sort.  We get down on ourselves far before anyone else does; yet we are most defensive for ourselves because no one else seems to be defending us.  We note that our self-criticism is depressing.  And then we rare up if anyone dares to point out a correctional idea.

We beat and blame ourselves; but also defend ourselves if another should utter blame.  We are sinking while trying to throw ourselves a life raft.

One of the hardest lessons seems to be that we aren't all we wish to be nor are we all God wishes us to be.

The answer isn't criticism or blame of another as to why my bad day.

The answer isn't avoidance and hiding seclusion so we will go undetected.

The answer isn't depression.  Rather it is surrender to Jesus.

We don't need Jesus to fill in our personal lack-gap.  We need Jesus to be our Life.  He is the one who knows us from head to toe.

I continue to impose my wisdom upon my walk; I can handle, I can fix, I can correct.  When all is said and done, if everyone in my circle corrected their many blatant errors, I would still be undone if I have failed to yield to Jesus the Lamb.

He is our life.  Our organizational skills are not.  Our political pull is not.  Our ranking education is not.  Our devotion, our commitment, and our determination are not.

Jesus is.

We must work at believing him...Jn. 6:29.


No comments: