Thursday, March 07, 2013

THAT'S AN INTERESTING COMMENT

The message below was left by someone named Dee.  At least it wasn't anonymous.

Dee has left a new comment on your post "":

Not your best effort.
This person's comment is listed below my last post of Jesus' Double Birth.  The comment didn't seem to belong with that post as far as claiming to be.  It had no fit to a specific post.  It just says Not your best effort.  (Didn't I just write a post this week on critics?)


So what am I to do with this; if anything?

Well, nothing is a waste.  Evidently Dee felt I simply missed the mark...somewhere.  What I am to do with this is not to hunker down in self-failure mode; but simply realize I don't always come through with the best.  Whatever Dee is referencing, my effort clearly wasn't favorable.

Not your best effort is not a gunshot wound to the head.  It is an observation by someone who read something I wrote and didn't feel it was all that good.  That is reality where we all really live.

I encourage you to continue to move forward.  Don't stop.  Don't quit.  And don't fall apart when the whole world doesn't see life through your eyes. 

How fun is this?  We are not losing ground.  We are gaining momentum.  We are intending to improve with youth...the newness God gives us day by day.

What Dee said to me is probably how many more feel but didn't have the courage.  Good for us.  We can move forward in the Spirit of Christ because we have opportunity galore.  Live like it.  Love like it.  Look like it.

By the way, Dee, I clicked on your name to see who you are.  That's not your best picture.



No comments: