Friday, March 08, 2013

IS IT DEE-ITY OR DEE-MONIC?

To understand this post you will need to read the previous one, That's An Interesting Comment.  This story gets funnier by the hour.

First, I could not tell if this lady was serious or kidding.  I couldn't tell from such a comment and I don't know her to know her personality.  I did find the comment to be rather humorous as it didn't seem to belong anywhere.  It was just out there.

Whatever her message, I knew I wasn't going to stew over it.  So, I wrote about it tongue-in-cheek.  The anonymous, (Didn't I just write a post this week on critics?), Not your best effort is not a gunshot wound to the head, and By the way, Dee, I clicked on your name to see who you are.  That's not your best picture were all me taking a stab at being funny. 

As soon as I posted my response, I showed it to two of my office colleagues and we were all laughing at how funny my response was.  Although I did seriously write to encourage us when/if we are being criticized (How fun is this?  We are not losing ground.  We are gaining momentum.  We are intending to improve with youth...the newness God gives us day by day.), the whole thing seemed funny to me.

So Dee emailed me.  She was apologetic that all was intended also was tongue-in-cheek as there were no words to a post....which I couldn't detect on my screen.  The joke was on me.  There was a phone number.  I called her.  We were both laughing.  She was just sharing the response with her supervisor...and they were laughing.

And then....I got comments both of sympathy for me and alertation to possible humor that I may have missed.  This now gets funnier for those supporting me may now be irritated with me and those drawing my attention to the humor side may not believe I really thought it could possibly be funny.

What's worse.....Dee turns out to be a man!

I want you all to meet my new friend, Dee.....whoever he is!  I know I like him.

No comments: