Thursday, January 31, 2013

WHEN IN YOUR CLOSET, WHAT ARE YOU SAYING TO HIM?

When you meet with God, what goes on?  I would assume talking and listening...for both God and you.

I encourage you to get with Him--if you haven't been--and talk.  Talk about His work.  Talk about His supply you surely could use.  He wants to know.  He is interested.

I pray for two things consistently: (1) that God would show up in the media by being mentioned, credited, or named, and (2) that He would show me something He wishes the church would learn; but hasn't noticed yet.

(1) God's name shows up more and more.  Yesterday I saw the newsreel of the family in Missouri that adopted the five brothers and sisters from South America.  On world television it was declared by the host and then the guest that it was God who was at work here.  More and more we hear of God being credited publicly when it would seem that much of the world ignores Him.

(2)  I go through phases where I will ask Him what He thinks we are overlooking.  To keep this brief I will point to what He subsequently showed me of the arising of Holy Spirit truth which was foreign to what I believed and foreign to what I wanted to believe.  He continues to do it.  This past summer, following a time of that sort of prayer, I received unsolicited books in the mail which were of one theme; our strong security of salvation through the covenant.  This material is outlandishly wonderful and terribly new in concept to me.

Learn to own a closet.  When you pray, talk to Him about things you need for the kingdom; not about things you want for your driveway....unless such is of kingdom importance.  I believe that at the year 2013 man has not scratched the surface of holy truth of God.  We are still playing in the sand pile with an occasional squabble over who got to use the toy truck last.

When you are in your closet; try to talk God about what it is He yearns to do for you.  I feel sure He has things in mind that would thrill all of us. 

No comments: