Saturday, October 27, 2012

OUR LOVE OF GOD

Could it be that the simplest theme is our greatest need?

Could it be that the first and greatest command is truly our first and greatest need after all concurrent centuries?

Is the question about our couples, singles, teens, retirees, etc. in the church still, Do you love God with all your heart?

From personal experience I can express that our love of God is assumed.  But such assumption is blind-siding our efforts.  I was enamored with the Restoration Movement and how men came together from various denominations.  But I wasn't crazy about God.

For a long time I was devoted to time in prayer....which was agonizing for I didn't like to pray.  As a minister I felt obligated to engage in it.  When I shifted to truly loving God, I visit with Him at all hours over the slightest of details.  I just want Him to know that I know Him....with great delight.

So I had all of these lower-class gods: a capella singing, true church organization, and Bible-based sermons without my heart given to God.

This mistaken lack of love for Him continues to plague our efforts and energies.  What's in it for me? is so forceful among us that we might even slip into worshipping worship rather than worshipping the Father.

Our love of God remains the big question for each.  Attitudes and actions can be good and abundant while failing to be in sync with the greatest command.  It is a challenge for the 21st Century church, indeed.  And...we are grow to such a task.

May we be a people crazy about God!

No comments: