Sunday, October 28, 2012

I'M JUST SO INEPT

For any reader who feels rinky and dinky, let me make your day.

Ineptitarianistic is surely what I am.

How can I possibly be so flawed in so many, many ways?

Surely you don't think I work at it!  It just comes natural to me.

Today my sermon is to be in sync with The Story-line that classes and small groups studied throughout this past week.  My sermon is to ice the cake of this week's devoted studies.  The material is to be from Judges 2-4, 6-8, and -13-16.

Yes.  I know that.  I read every page from Lucado and Frazee's The Story for this week's drama.

So I've studied and let it simmer.  Yesterday I put the final touches by deciding exactly which Judges morsel I wanted to accentuate. 

I came in this morning, as usual every Sunday, to put all the parts of my fragmented study together.  I had it!  This will be great!  Until....

As I was preparing from chapter 3, I noticed at the top of the page the word Joshua.  What?  What?  Joshua?????  No.  No.  Not Joshua.  Judges.  Please be Judges.

Today's lesson is from Joshua.....which is so very close to Judges.

I am embarrassed, humiliated, and then....wondering what God has going this morning for the sermon really does have good stuff in it.  I'm just so inept.  Fortunately for me, this isn't anything new to this congregation....but they keep me anyway.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lol. Love it, made me laugh