Friday, March 30, 2012

THE MEASURE OF A MAN (OR WOMAN)

The longer I am me the less I am.

The more I lean into Him the more Life opens.

The idea of being buried in Christ is more than a point toward baptism. It is the route to life without living depressed. I live, yet not me, but it is Jesus in me.

I pooped out on trying to work the correct church growth formulas and direct magic touches toward effectivity in the kingdom. My ways flopped.

The secret about our walk is to allow His feet to rent our sandals. God takes us places we would normally fear to tread. With Him we really can do all the things needed to see the church produce.

In any congregation, the mystery of authentic life is never in the staff, the elders, nor the two strongest givers. It is always in Jesus and nothing more.

With God-fueled fire in his eyes, he reminded all of us that bearing fruit requires death. Jesus said we must die in order that we might live. Daily Christian living, in other words, is daily Christian dying: dying to our trivial comforts, soul-shrinking conveniences, arrogant preferences, and self-centered entitlements, and living for something much larger than what makes us comfortable and safe. God does everything through people who understand they are nothing. And God does nothing through those who think they're everything. (John Wood)

No comments: