Friday, December 02, 2011

AS TRUTH UNFOLDS

Lord, teach me would be a useful part of our prayers, I believe.

I have hit points in my ministry where I will call out to Him as I pace our auditorium alone, God, would you teach me what you have always wished someone would learn? Would you open to me a world of understanding that no one has yet thought to seek?

I want to know those types of things. Of course I want to learn from what others of have learned. But don't we also want to know from God what no man has yet to discover? And, don't we believe there is yet much to be unearthed from the Bible and His will?

Do we not believe the Word is deeper than the chemist's ability to discover what has yet to be found? Do we not grasp the fact that God's secrets are buried out in the open where only the baby-like will find them? Surely we haven't taken on the stance that heaven has emptied all of it's wisdom....James 1:5 and 3:13-18.

It seems that nearly every time I spend moments with Him, seeking the hidden, something usually arises regarding the Spirit.

Why do we not seek continuance and extension of Truth?

Could it be because we don't want to know; that additional truth might nullify errors we have always called Truth? Could it be that we have it well-embedded into our senses that the brotherhood believes what it believes and to buck the system will be costly?

A bigger question would be are we afraid to admit that we are wrong so it would just be best not to find out?

This can happen. It has happened. I will happen.

May we believe there is more Truth to yet unfold and, too, may we be unafraid as we grow into it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why don't we seek continuation and extension of the Truth?

Could it be that we aren't "spiritual people", as Paul describes the Spirit teaching spiritual things to spiritual men, in 1 Cor. 2:13-14? Maybe we are "natural" men who don't accept the things of the Spirit (v. 14)? Can I question if I'm truly a Christian if I reject the things of the mind of Christ (i.e., His Spirit)?

Jay

Larry Wishard said...

Your post makes me think. That's good.
The Scriptures point us to "general revelation". Consider. Birds. Lilies. Consider your experience. Who you learned from? How did their life come out. These are our experiences with God and we are afraid of these. These let the Holy Spirit out of our box and this makes us afraid. Jesus says, "Fear not." The angels say, "Fear not." Jesus said Scripture can't be broken. Paul wrote 2 Tim. 3. Consider experiences with people Consider Scripture. Thanks Terry
Larry in Denver