Wednesday, October 05, 2011

TELL THE HORSES TO WHOA

I was about six years old. Grandpa Rush hitched the team of horses to the wagon as we were headed on some farm mission across a vast pasture. I loved the farm scene and asked Grandpa if I could drive the team through when he opened the gate.

Request granted.

I could barely lift the lengthy and heavy leather reigns. "Giddy up!" They meandered through the gate and then would not stop. I thought for sure we were in a runaway; even though they were at a minimum pace. It felt really fast to me! I couldn't stop them; but Grandpa saved me.

Sometimes in the church the strong horses make me feel they are going to run away and I can't keep up. Gifted Christians will find they need another gift of patience to tolerate my much slower step. I am not up to many of their speeds.

And you, (for any who as I feel overwhelmed at the vision and the energy of some among us)don't die early due to fright. Just stay calm. Some among us are such go-getters that we who are not as they may feel slighted. Not the case. All are gifted and all have need of the others.

Me? I'm not a thoroughbred; but a plow horse. I have a Spirit-pace that works for me. Where I might have once been intimidated by the "big boys"; not so much now. They are gifted and so am I. Theirs may be at a race pace. Mine is more of a saunter.

Let the horses move forward at good clip unless they are pressing you to become a race horse just like them. If that is the case, tell them to whoa....because you will get the work done...at His strong pace within you.

No comments: