Thursday, October 06, 2011

LIVING OVERWHELMED

I know. I know there is very much going on in our world of rigoricity. Appointments, deadlines, dreams, responsibilities...and that clock keeps ticking.

2011 seems to insist we live in the spin cycle. Rush could be our middle name if it weren't my last.

Yet, Jesus so adjusts the overwhelm of our spirits. He has a knack of reversing cause and effect.

As Christians we should be overwhelmed; and I am. My breath is taken away at the reports I hear of God working. I am stunned by the good deeds believers actually do. It is remarkable to see the Holy Spirit bearing fruit in the most common us.

Church growth is found in any direction we choose to look. There are places and people that really are growing in both prayer and worship.

Giving is stunningly wonderful. Commitment to the point of long-term endurance is both visible and reportable.

One of the things God has done for me is to help me refrain from addressing the naysayers. I refuse to give them attention...unless I forget. I want to focus on the NT pattern of church awe...Acts 2:43.

Believers get to live overwhelmed. Sure....moments of imprisonment come along....but only to verify how awesome it is to experience the God of the "jailhouse fall".

You want to know a neat thing about each of us? Overwhelmed is a lifestyle....and we get to choose which way it goes....conquering the world or depressed and alone.

As for me and my household, I want to be overwhelmed at the talent, skill, and fruit of God.

No comments: