Tuesday, October 11, 2011

IN ALL YOU DO...DON'T FORGET TO PRAY FOR YOUR NEIGHBORS

I remind you of something so simple it often goes overlooked. Don't forget to pray for your neighbors. Some of the sweetest moments in my experiencing God has been to see a couple next door to us in Quincy, IL. be baptized and then to see a Tulsa neighbor be added to the church.

With all we have going on, do not forget to pray for your neighbors to be drawn to Jesus.

Mary and I moved into a new neighborhood at the end of July. I have met a few neighbors and pray for them by name twice a day. Repetition helps me recall their names and it sets the stage for kingdom activity. I now pray for 16 in my area.

An exciting thing occurred to me this morning as I was praying. A vacant house is being remodeled for immediate occupation. I pray for the new whoever(s). And then....then it occurred to me that I can be praying for the new people moving in one year or 12 years from now into houses presently occupied.

I will have God waiting for them in their new home; in houses not yet for sale.

Oh...my point is that we all have so much going on. Be reminded that you have neighbors whom God has assigned you. Love them as yourself. Pray for them...even the ones who haven't moved in yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Terry,

How we love you!!