Thursday, September 15, 2011

WENDYLAND

Mary and I had twins boys a year apart! On September 15, 1971, Dustin Jay Rush entered Wendyland (his older sister of 1 1/2 years). On September 15, 1972, Timothy Ty Rush began his experience in Wendy/Dustyland. Today my boys are 40 and 39.

My kids are very dear to me. I know. I know how it goes that one's children are always the exception. Well, mine are the exception to the exception of being exceptions. (I don't know what that means, either, but it sounded exceptional x 3).

Dusty is a missionary for a church of over 1000 in Atlanta. Tim is a missionary of a church of under 1000 (maybe 20?) in Guadalajara. Both do identical work poles apart.

I'm proud of my boys because they are God's men; not mine. I never suggested they consider ministry for I didn't know what it was like being a kid of mine. Pressure? Frustration? I left that up to God and them. It was their ideas; I stayed out of the way.

Today I am honored to be known as the dad of these not-twin boys born a year apart. And, they live well because they were raised in the experiences of Wendyland.

Happy Birthday boys!

3 comments:

Dusty Rush said...

But which one are you most proud of?

Terry Rush said...

Wendy...I guess you better call your brother and go over this with him...again!

wendy said...

Yeah, the boys are nice. Anywho, I'd like to hear more about this "Wendyland"...