Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I CELEBRATE!

This Friday marks my 34th anniversary of being a part of the fabulous Memorial Drive Church of Christ. It makes me, indeed, very happy!

My love for this congregation is unspeakable. I am fascinated by it. The Life in it is remarkable. I have caused none of it. The reverse is true. It has been my goal to grow into it.

One of the marks of the Holy Spirit is that wonder occurs and those involved don't know how it happened. So it is where I preach. Marvel takes place and our only reaction is to praise God for all other clues seem to pale.

As far as my personal role, I think Will Rogers tagged my walk when he said, Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. I am experienced!

Thank you church, thank you blogFriends, and thank you God for letting me get to be in one of those right places at the right time. I still like right now!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are loved beyond measure, my friend. Congratulations!

Brian's Bibilcial Minute said...

Congratulations on demonstrating the power of a Spirit-filled ministry! You are inspiring!

straitshooter said...

seems like only yesterday,I was attending my first Tulsa workshop,as I sat in the pavilion on a Saturday or Friday night.Marvin Phillips introduced the speaker,a young preacher named Terry Rush.thank you Terry for opening up your heart to us,as we walk and study together in the path of Jesus.You inspire me,and make me think.never stop proclaiming.

DarrelM said...

A long time ago. I have forgotten, did your lost luggage ever show up??