Tuesday, June 07, 2011

LET'S BEGIN A MOVEMENT: GRUMP REVERSAL DAY

Our world needs help.  It needs to know where and when and how it is doing well.  People need to know people love them.

It is our dark nature to be bold about expressing our dislikes.  There would be some who have never once had the courage to speak to a neighbor or relative about the Lamb of God who can be quick to pull an elder aside.  You know the type.

So let's establish Grump Reversal Day.  This would be a day where we would catch others doing well and pull them aside to give them a piece of our grateful mind.  Wouldn't life go better if someone told us more about the good we are doing than snapping irresponsibly at the failures we are?  Of course.

I'm not proposing a life of denial where we never face our failures.  I'm saying that Grump Reversal Day just might impose such confidence in one another that we might not experience nearly as many failures. 

Now there's a thought.  Order some t-shirts now!  Put up the banners!  Grump Reversal Day....did I remember to say that it is to be a daily holiday?

What thinketh ye?

3 comments:

Greg England said...

"There would be some who have never once had the courage to speak to a neighbor or relative about the Lamb of God who can be quick to pull an elder aside. You know the type." By any chance do you think these might be the same ones who send the preacher a scathing "anonymous" letter?

Grump Reversal Day ... great idea!

Sara said...

I think it is a wonderful idea! We've all seen a child's face light up when told he/she did a good job. But how often do we tell adults? I know that I want to work even harder to do my task when someone has told me I was appreciated. So let's set out with a purpose to give affirmations to those around us.(It may have been rare for some.)It might just be life-changing!

Sara said...

I think it is a wonderful idea! We've all seen a child's face light up when told he/she did a good job. But how often do we tell adults? I know that I want to work even harder to do my task when someone has told me I was appreciated. So let's set out with a purpose to give affirmations to those around us.(It may have been rare for some.)It might just be life-changing!