Monday, May 30, 2011

MEMORIAL DAY....SOLDIERS REMEMBERED

America remembers.  Today we reflect.  We ponder those heroes of years gone by; their submission, their courage, their wounds and deaths.  We remember.

As I was thinking about those in the Navy, Army, etc, I began to think of others in the kingdom of God.  True soldiers of the cross have advantaged us for their bravery and commitment to the wide world's greatest system.

I thought about leaders as Richard Rogers and Cline Paden and Mid McKnight.  I reflected upon Jan Shackelford and Bill Fowler and Lea Landreth who served in the church forces mightily.  These have all passed having offered valuable characteristics to the body of Christ.

And then I began to think of the wounded soldiers who didn't survive attacks in the church.  I won't name them; yet I cannot help but think of several who were once at our side and we at theirs.  But skirmishes of the dark side injured them deeply and they are now wounded and mostly forgotten.

Memorial Day is a meaningful day that we recall the bravery of men and women who went to battle for generations who will never personally know of their valor.  In the process of the day, may we recollect those who have waged war in the church that freedom of the Savior may reign where we live.

No comments: