Monday, April 04, 2011

I'M ON VACATION!

Today has been a day of....well....vacation.  I made myself not call in to the office as badly as I wanted to see how they are doing without me.  I preached in Richmond, VA. this past weekend and then Mary and I drove four hours to Outer Banks, N.C.  Chris, Wendy, and their two met us here about 7:00 last night.

We are on the banks of the Atlantic. The ocean is on both sides of this place called Buck Island. Chris and I took the kids to the beach this morning and they loved working at building sand castles....a little messy...but lots of work!

Wendy and I golfed this afternoon.  Well, I golfed and Wendy drove the cart.  The wind is fierce but the sun is shining!

Tonight is the NCAA Basketball Championship game.  However, on the East coast it doesn't start until 9:23...seven minutes before my bedtime.  I'll read about it tomorrow.

Vacation is a good thing for all of us....but I sure do miss home.  Churches are great along the way...but I miss my Memorial Drive!

3 comments:

Stoned-Campbell Disciple said...

enjoy it ... loose the pc and the phone!!

Unknown said...

It was great having you in Richmond! Enjoy the beach -- told ya you were in for a real treat! Now you get it, huh?! :-)

Are you on Facebook?

Can't wait to read the rest of your blog -- got some thoughts to share with you that you got me thinking on.

In the King's Service,
Wendy Seitz (the gal who sat behind you:-)

Danna said...

:o) Enjoy! Hug everyone for me! Love and miss you!!!