Saturday, March 05, 2011

A MORSEL OF GOODNESS

Gerald Lovett is one of Memorial's really delightful members.  He, as a little boy, and his mother were among the founders of the Memorial congregation.  Gerald, and occasionally his wife, will make their way through Florida to my annual Cardinals baseball camp.

This year Gerald asked if I would get an autographed baseball for a contractor with whom he does business.  I was glad to pick off a baseball signed by Ozzie Smith.

Gerald told me today the friend was so impressed with the ball.  When he realized it was a gift from Gerald, the friend could hardly believe it was his.

Nations war.  People are on edge for many reasons.  A baseball handed off to an unsuspecting friend just seems to be a most valuable morsel of goodness.

1 comment:

Vasca said...

Gifts like that are ever the best. Terry, personal question here, when you don't receive comments on your posts...does it ever 'bother' you? I have a blog, and I read many others...I always check to see if I have any comments...I think others must too. Is that a positive or a negative...or a 'not to even think about'?