Wednesday, February 02, 2011

THAT FEELING OF HELPLESSNESS

This is day two of restictivity.  I am housebound.  Fourteen inches of snow distributed into wavy drifts insist I stay indoors.  I haven't seen a car pass either street of my corner lot for two days now.  No one is getting out.  And if we were to do so there isn't anywhere to go.

All I can do is wait.  Such is a tall order for a habitual non-waiter.

There was a time I waited and I'm most grateful to God for his extreme patience with me.  I waited on Him to make His move at Memorial Drive.  My misestimation of my own effectivity forced me to wait even longer than most I suppose.  Nonetheless, the entire time I was frustrated with myself and others, I really did believe He would make His move.

Just as it is true that one day soon I will be out and about driving the streets of Tulsa and elsewhere, we can all be assured God has us in His sights for kingdom prosperity.  Don't flinch.  For heaven's sake, don't give up.  Don't quit.

Keep believing even when you feel the helplessness of being housebound.  God's activity is the very action we must anticipate in our midst.  When we don't know how, we are on to something.  God.  God in His wonder and love is so magnificent Paul wrote that we overwhelmingly conquer regardless of circumstances.

Way to go God!

3 comments:

Sherry Holmes said...

I'm writing from beautiful northern Illinois where we've had about 20" of snow... I understand the feelings of helplessness as I wait out the snow plowers... In the meantime, I look out my front window and marvel at this beautiful glistening snow and the wonder of it all. Even in the midst of life's disruptions ... and being tied indoors for 2+ days is a big interruption...I'm glad that our God has given us this beautiful landscape and the time to enjoy it!

Terry Rush said...

Sherry,

Any snow ice cream recipes?

Who out there remembers playing Fox and Geese in the snow as a kid?

Anonymous said...

Terry, I'm writing from Monroe, Michigan where I, too, am homebound today due to the snow! I read your book today, God Will Make a Way. My sister-in-law sent it to me in January 1998 after my father passed away in December of 1997. It took this long to read because I didn't need a book about death. My father's death was a blessing to him, his eternal healing. But, as I read it today, I realized I needed it for my brother whose wife just moved out to move in with his best friend! Needless to say, his life is devastated. He came back to God but is in desperate need of healing! I shall pass it on to him. God ministered to me greatly through your book! I loved it and hope to find other books you have written. Isn't it amazing, and such a blessing, that the book you authored over 16 years ago was alive to my soul today! Isn't God awesome. I, too, am believing GOD WILL MAKE A WAY FOR ME!