Monday, February 07, 2011

OUR PERPETUAL AND MISTAKEN JUDGMENTAL PROBLEM

My emails of late have had a couple of "false teacher" charges; against myself from one and against another from a second.  One had a significant problem with a book a minister had recommended and questioned me for having him on the workshop.

I asked about the book's content...and he hasn't read it.  Yet, he is pretty emphatic that this brother is recommending an errant book.

I responded with effort to get the critic to realize he was judging without knowing details.  He could not see it and would not let it go.

So...I wrote him describing his heart of temper and unbelief, etc.  (I don't know him..and made up the accusations.)  He responded that I was judging his heart and being highly unfair in my assumption.  He was so right.

That's why I wrote what I did.  I wanted him to tell me I was being judgmental and critical without really knowing him.  He was correct.  I didn't really believe the things I wrote of him; but I wanted him to get a feel for what he was doing to our brother.

When will we get it that we are each so very lacking in depth of spirit and direction that it took a blameless one to die so we could experience saving grace?  We are in dire need of this from one another; including the one who wrote me, including the one he wrote about, including me, and including every critic among us.

Don't judge....Jesus pleaded.  Oh....I'll be the first to forget.

2 comments:

jason reeves said...

Glory to God my friend!

Jason

Vasca said...

Too many (but I think the number is shrinking) have minds that are all mixed up and set in concrete...I know several.

They refuse to read anything other than 'approved' CofC writers...(incidentally, their list is extremely limited to 2 or 3)...and 'tsk, tsk' those who do otherwise.

My thinking is there is much I can learn...I believe there are many very learned men and women who have much to share and I do believe God blesses me with enough to sift out what is not His teaching. That's why His Sprit is my constant companion and advisor.

Don't ever stop encouraging us to grow, to improve our spirituality...so we can practice natural evangelism like breathing in and out.