Thursday, February 03, 2011

NATURAL EVANGELISM WHEREVER WE ARE

I haven't been able to reach my office due to 14" of snow and then magnificent drifts.  Today I was determined.  I carefully made my way to our property and drove around the complex to determine just which entrance might be the lesser of evils.  For sure, if I was going to park the car off of the street and onto any part of our parking lot, I would get stuck. 

I decided to enter a fairly level driveway to the East and as soon as I was off of the street, I stopped.  I just as well have for I was stopped regardless.  And, I waded through knee-deep snow to get to the door. 

After a bit I returned to my Tahoe to find I surely was stuck.  No surprise.  But....a neighbor...a new neighbor I had never met was packing down his driveway by driving back and forth with his Toyota 4 x 4.  Yes.  Perfect.

I tried my car. 

Stuck. 

Mr. Ward came over to assess the stuckage.  He backed up to mine, pulled on the rope and...wa la...I was set free.  I introduced myself and he was pleased to know I was the preacher.  That was different.  He was so friendly and told me about his interest in Veterans and his work with them.  He offered to assist us any time we honor vets and I told him we would look for such an opportunity.

He then offered to give the church wool scarves from WWII for any who might need one as they come through the food pantry.  I assured him we would deeply appreciate his kindness.

I drove away thanking God that even in a snow storm evangelism has its process.  Eyes opened.  Neighbors near.  We'll see what God might do with any we meet.

No comments: